Sunday, February 25, 2007

High School Flashback!

Okay so I was just filling up the information sheet for our 10-year high school reunion and had a flashback to something I hadn't thought of for almost 10 years. When I was a senior, there was a day (can't remember what it was called) when students and teachers switched roles. Faculty came to school wearing our uniforms and they each selected a student to take over their job for the day. I guess I was some sort of star in history class (Lord knows why, I can't remember any of it) because Ms. Cora Derije, the head of the Social Studies department and our World History teacher, asked me to be her mini-me for the day... although I'd hardly call myself "mini" as I was at least four inches taller. :)

I now remember the exact outfit I wore... how funny is that? Light blue long sleeved blouse dotted with a few flowers, beige trousers, and brown pumps. But as for what I actually did as "Social Studies Deparment Head," I am totally blanking. Haha! It's funny how experiences like this disappear from our consciousness, only to be brought to the forefront by something as mundane as filling up a form. =P


Anyways, the big reunion is next year. I'm actually kinda looking forward to it. Highschool was fun for me :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Anamie said...

it was a friday the 13th: feb 13, 1998. teachers' day, which was always on valentines day. i don't remember what you were wearing and i don't remember you teaching history because i was out sick that morning with flu-like symptoms. i forced my mom to let me go to school in the afternoon because i wanted to see the program. it was, after all, our last teachers' day.

9:40 AM  
Blogger zako said...

Oh oh, I remember that day! You visited our section's history class. XD We were the only class that had a different teacher~~~. Anna Gorospe was our "substitute" and you were seated with our male teacher at the back~!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home