Sunday, November 20, 2005

Brrrrr...

Today's probably the coldest day in Manila since summer snuck up on us last March. I checked the thermometer downstairs at mid-afternoon and the temperature was down to 80F/27C. As of this writing, it's probably in the 70s already.

Earlier unaware of the coming typhoon, I attributed the refreshingly cool climate to the upcoming holidays. As the song goes ,"it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!" :)

I haven't really given much thought to what's going to happen next month... it's not like I have a big company Christmas party to host again, so I'll be pretty low-key this December. Off the top of my head though, on this cold November night, here's a list of things to look forward to:

1. Finding gifts for the kids. I have three inaanaks (all little boys!) to shop for, plus one very fat, very adorable little niece who's celebrating her first Christmas! Then there are all my other pamangkins and the kids of my friends. Since most of them are below reading age and I'm a big fan of educational toys and games, I might stick to the latter for now.
2. Caroling! This will be my fourth Christmas with my choir but only the second time we'll be doing some serious fundraising through caroling. I've been caroling with choirs since I was fourteen and it really is such a wonderful experience. It's nice to have strangers welcome you so warmly into their homes and to be able to share the season's spirit with them.
3. Getting together with my highschool and college barkadas. We don't get to do this very often during the year and even when we do, kulang palagi because some of our friends are abroad. So, Christmas always equals reunions.

That's all for now. I'm sure the list will grow as the big day draws even nearer...

Ilang tulog na lang? Malapit na! Malapit na!
Ilang tulog na lang ang Paskong masaya?
Ilang tulog na lang darating na...
Usok ng putobumbong, nalalanghap ko na!

;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home