Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Things To Do Before You Turn 30

Today I had lunch at a charming little bookshop/giftshop/cafe called Libreria along Tomas Morato. The callos was quite good and now that I think about it, priced rather reasonably in comparison to how much I would have to pay elsewhere in the area. It was really hard to sit still though because, having been surrounded with books, I kept having to stand up to check out whatever caught my eye. Most items are on sale 'til the end of September, so I'll probably go back to pick up a couple of books, and maybe a gift item or two.

But anyway, I'm not blogging to write a restaurant review. On the way out, I picked up a cute little book entitled (something like)
Things To Do Before You Turn 30. Unfortunately I didn't have PhP450 on me, so I couldn't buy it. I can't remember if there was a specific number of items (30, perhaps?), but here are the ones I can remember:

1. Know your bloodtype. (Oops.)
2. Dump toxic friends.
3. Get yourself a kickass mattress.
4. Be notorious for something.
5. Speak a second language. (Dapat ba 'third' kasi bilingual talaga tayo dito?)
6. Master a family recipe. (That would have to be mom's famous lasagna... )
7. Make a killer cocktail.
8. Travel alone. (Does a 10-hour busride to Bicol count?)
9. Get health insurance.
10. Make another country your second home.

I'll try to add if anything pops up. And of course, I'll be making up my own stuff. If not now, then when I turn 27 (whoa!!!) next year.

Just trying to keep the spirits up :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home